The Aquabot Turbo T-Jet is a mid-priced robotic pool cleaner. It is designed for cleaning inground pools of various shapes and surfaces.
The Aquabot Turbo T-Jet (model ABTTJET) cleans the floor, walls (if the pool to wall transition is curved), and waterline of a swimming pool. It has its own vacuum pump motor which provides water jet power for its propulsion and suction power for its filter bag filtration system.
The Turbo T-Jet has a 50-foot floating power cable that is inserted into its own power supply box. Its power supply is then connected to a 120 VAC/60Hz GFCI outlet. The E-Z swivel cable device is used to keep the floating cable tangle-free.
On the whole, the Aquabot Turbo T-Jet seems to be easy to use and maintain. When it comes to cleaning a swimming pool, it takes its time and needs some tweaking to effectively clean most of the pool.
In this article, I have mentioned Aquabot Turbo T-Jet features, questions, pros, and cons.
Aquabot Turbo T Jet
- Light Weight Pool Cleaner
The pricey Aqua Products Aquabot Turbo T Jet is a lightweight robotic pool cleaner that uses power washing jets and four scrubbing brushes to keep your pool looking clean and fresh.
- Great Build Quality
Aquabot has made a name for themselves with their high-quality builds and excellent prices. That philosophy is reflected here in the Turbo T-Jet. It is a slight machine but well put together.
- Power Washing Feature
Better even than integrated active brushes, the power washing feature is excellent at removing caked-on grime, think algae build up. The bot can clean a pool floor via an optimized route in around 2 hours, though it can be set to run indefinitely.
- Hybrid Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid works much better in an above-ground pool than in an inground pool.
- Power Washing Jets
The Aquabot Turbo T-Jet concentrates on cleaning the floor, walls, and all the way to the waterline. It comes standard with power washing jets,
- Self Propelled Jet System
Aquabot Turbo T Jet has a self-propelled jet system for propulsion, drawing power from 24-volt Pump water.
- Above Ground Pool Cleaner
The Aquabot Turbo T Jet Pool Cleaner is a popular choice for an above-ground pool vacuum. It ranks high among the top robotic pool cleaner reviews in the industry.
- Ideal Product
The Aquabot Turbo T Jet Pool Cleaner APRVJR is an ideal product for anyone with an above-ground pool that needs to simply tidy up the dirt on the bottom of the pool.
What kind of pool is this for?
1. Adjustable Design
This Aquabot model is designed for in-ground pools of any size, shape, and surface. There is no need to change to different wheels for different surfaces because the bot merely rolls over the area.
2. Great for all Surfaces
The cleaner is great on smooth as well as rough surfaces because it doesn’t scrub. Instead, it whirls up the dirt on the pool floor to be sucked into the filter bags.
3. Effective Cleaning
It will roll randomly all over the bottom of the pool (note: not the most efficient but effective way) and vacuum any loose dirt and debris. The big, extra-wide wheels happily ignore obstacles.
4. Best Overall
It’s especially good in navigating raised main drains, a place where more expensive pool cleaners can often get stuck on.
5. Climb Walls
It should also climb easily any steeper slopes and even walls up to the waterline provided it is adjusted correctly. However, its ability to climb largely depends on the right level of floatation and might require you to play around with the float kit (four pieces of foam) usually included in the pack.
The cleaner is designed in a way to work around the most common features found in a residential pool. There are of course always exceptions to the rule and should your particular pool design give an issue and cause the T-Jet to get stuck or caught you will probably find out quickly and in that case either talk to Aquabats’ very supportive help desk or return it if it seems unsolvable.
How does the Aquabot work?
The engineers at Aquabot seemed to have had simplicity in mind.
- Basically, the bot houses a strong suction pump, a filter cartridge, four freewheels, and a power cable plugged into a safe 24 V/ 110V transformer (power supply box) which in turn is connected to a standard power outlet.
- Two downward-directed streams of water power wash the pool surface. They whirl up the debris and direct it towards the inlets on the bottom of the unit. It’s a clever way to reach crevices.
- Everything is being sucked in, pushed through the filter where the dirt is trapped, and the filtered water travels to the jet unit on top of the cleaner.
- There the water shoots out and pushes the cleaner forward or backward. How long the unit moves in one direction can be set to anything between 20 and 90 sec to allow for different pool shapes and sizes.
- It’s one of those things some people love to play with and others don’t have the patience for, but it is worth doing to increase the likelihood for the cleaner to reach all areas.
- There is no separate motor drive to power the wheels, no additional seals, drive train, belts, or cogs that could fail. This setup is simple and great as long as it works.
- The downside is that the speed of the cleaner depends on how clean especially the fine filter bag is. A full filter reduces the speed of the outgoing jet of water causing the vehicle to go slower and slower until it stops completely.
- After the filter has been cleared the cleaner continues at full speed.
Power supply and cable
The 50’ floating cable from the cleaner unit plugs into a 24 V transformer. This power supply also has a digital timer to set the reverse cycle times and program buttons. The transformer itself is connected to a normal 3-prong power outlet.
Unfortunately, the cable can get quite twisted and coiled up when the Turbo T-Jet runs for longer periods of time because the machine is intentionally set to turn in the same direction all the time.
The engineers seemed to be aware of this and offer the E-Z swivel device either as an add-on or sometimes included in the kit.
To Sum Up
The Aquabot Turbo T-Jet is an economical robotic pool cleaner, but its customer reviews are sometimes lukewarm. It needs several hours to clean a swimming pool, so the 2-hour automatic shut-off function might not provide enough time for the pool cleaner to clean the pool. You will probably end up using the continuous run operation most of the time.
If buying online make sure you buy from a trusted and genuine Aquabot retailer, have a look at their return and warranty policies. Amazon tends to offer very competitive prices for pool cleaners as well as hassle-free return and exchange options.